Petula's Reviews > When a Lady Deceives

When a Lady Deceives by Tara Kingston

A female investigator trolling the underworld to uncover criminal activity would be dangerous today, but in Victorian times it was almost suicidal. Jennie Quinn is investigating an underworld boss when her informant is murdered. She is determined to bring the villain to justice, even if it means putting her own life in danger.
Matthew Colton is the main muscle to a very dangerous man. ( Or is he?) He has to discipline many who get out of line. There us something about the new barmaid that is ruffling his instincts. Is she in danger, or is she just more trouble.
An intriguing mystery set in Victorian times. Our heroine is a very brave young woman, with maybe a little too much self confidence. Our hero has his own secrets to protect, and his reasons for being involved in the criminal underworld.
I was drawn in on the very first page. I can see the possibility of many more stories involving these wonderful characters . I loved every page.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Lady Deceives.

August 21, 2016 – Started Reading