Jessica Jeffers's Reviews > Difficult Women

Difficult Women by Roxane Gay

bookshelves: stories-essays, edelweiss, authors-of-color

Roxane Gay can fucking WRITE. Even though the stories can be phenomenally uncomfortable in their subject matter, the precision of her language and the wonder of her story construction leave me in awe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Difficult Women.

August 22, 2016 – Shelved
November 2, 2016 – Started Reading
November 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Lolly K Dandeneau I can't wait to read this, looking forward to your review

message 2: by Gail (new) - added it

Gail Just entered a giveaway for this (and I got to see Roxane speak at the university where I work earlier this year...I could have sat and listened to her just TALK for hours!)

Jessica Jeffers Did you read An Untamed State? It's brutally violent, but so well-written that it was hard to turn away. There are some stories here that kind of walk that same line - brutal but hard to put down. Her prose is just on its own planet.

message 4: by Gail (new) - added it

Gail Jessica wrote: "Did you read An Untamed State? It's brutally violent, but so well-written that it was hard to turn away. There are some stories here that kind of walk that same line - brutal but hard to put down. ..."

I have not (b/c I heard from a friend it was hard :( ) I've read chapters of Bad Feminist but not the whole thing...I was hoping she'd read her own books audio-style b/c her voice is so great when she was reading from Bad Feminist at her talk at Ball State. She said on Twitter that she might for Hunger.