Krystal's Reviews > When a Lady Deceives

When a Lady Deceives by Tara Kingston

This story has solid writing and good characters, but it seemed like there was entirely way too much repetition. I enjoyed the banter (and the romance) between Matthew and Jennie - and the conclusion was something I did not expect - however it was the getting there that lost points with me.

Yes these are both head-strong characters, I did not need to read about him "ordering" her to do something (or ordering her NOT to do something as the case so often was) and her defying him every few pages. I get it. He worries for her. He is protective of her. And she feels as though she can take care of herself. Honestly, it got boring after awhile. Don't get me wrong, the author did a wonderful job of putting everything together and weaving a complex and intriguing story, and I do think there is potential here for the author to do a "backstory" of sorts focusing on Jennie and some of her other exploits. As well as for them to take the "new endeavor" they mentioned and expand upon that as well.

Overall, I am certain that this book will appeal to those who enjoy a historical romance with a dash of mystery, and I would read more from this author.

DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. This has not affected my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Lady Deceives.

Started Reading