Dave Voyles's Reviews > Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions

Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki

If you are familiar with Guy Kawasaki's work, you'll immediately understand why this book comes from his heart. Kawasaki was the original evangelist, starting at Apple in the 80s, and from there the world would see the value of the role and it would expand to other industries. I have much of my career to thank because of this man.

Initially I felt the book was light on hard facts and details, but as it went on, he provided a number of supporting statements and practical examples. Small tidbits of useful information is sprinkled throughout as well, such as:

"If you can get people to agree to small favors now, they are more likely to grant you big favors in the future."

When the research kicked in, in addition to references to said research, I really saw the value in the book. Moreover, the chapters are littered with personal anecdotes from his own life experiences, which lent additional credibility to the book.

Overall, you can finish it in 2-3 hours, and I found nearly every minute of the book to be worthwhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchantment.

August 14, 2016 – Started Reading