Melissa's Reviews > Escape From The Forbidden Planet

Escape From The Forbidden Planet by Julie Anne Grasso

Aug 21, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-reading-challenge

I read this book for the 2016 Reading Challenge for the category Science Fiction. It's not my usual genre so I was unsure what to choose. This book was on my kids bookshelves so I thought I'd read it :)

This is the story of a young elf called Caramel, who, at the start of the book, has an accident that introduces us both to her leg injury and her mother's healing ability. Through the course of the book, she goes on a number of adventures, each introducing us to part of Caramel's character and the planet, Cardamom, where she lives.

She is helped on her adventures by a number of friends and her family, helping get out of some very sticky situations.

This book should really come with a warning - don't read it if you're hungry! As well as a companion cookbook. The chocolate cake with caramel cardamom syrup sounds delicious!

I enjoyed this story, there was a lot to keep me guessing the whole way through. I also like the main character wasn't perfect physically. There aren't a lot of books with a main character with a long term injury who doesn't let it get in the way of saving her planet.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape From The Forbidden Planet.

August 3, 2016 – Started Reading