Khristine Stain's Reviews > Touch of Evil

Touch of Evil by C.T. Adams

Jun 03, 2011

did not like it

Should I even rate this If I couldn't get past page 95? Is that illegal and someone with revoke my goodreads membership? I hope not. But I could not keep silent about this novel...

(view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Evil.

June 3, 2011 – Shelved
July 23, 2012 – Started Reading
July 23, 2012 –
28.0% "I feel like I'm missing so much... I had to reread several paragraphs as well so I wasn't left behind. The beginning of Karen Chance's Cassie Palmer series was the same way. Here's hoping it improves."
page 62
18.45% "Kathleen is so scatterbrained! First she's going to cook a bunch of meals, then her mail takes precedence, then she she abandons that faster than green grass through a goose to install her new moldings... Does ANY of this have anything to do with the plot? Because I cant see where this is going."
page 72
21.43% "Everybody is talking in exclamations! Eek! Most of what they are saying is either shouted or SUPER enthusiastic! I don't know whether to be confused or excited! Oh, look! Now, I'm over using exclamations too! Its contagious! Beware!"
page 72
21.43% "And I don't get the 'bed' joke about the Old Spaghetti house! Oh, crap! I'm still doing it! Somebody call a doctor!"
page 82
24.4% "Omg, stab me in the eye with a rusty butter knife. Please. I love John Cleese, I do, but what does.he have to do with this novel?? Could someone please explain why that half a page paragraph about dvd purchases was necessary?"
page 96
28.57% "Really? Really? 'You go girl'? I haven't heard that phrase used without extreme sarcasm and mocking since the late nineties... The publishing date on this novel is 2006. I kind of feel like Kathleen is Bella Swan, but so much worse. Tom and his friends think she's soooo hot. She's the akward klutz who magically endears them all. I can't get into this novel at all. At this stage, I should not be forcing myself along."
July 23, 2012 – Finished Reading

Elizabeth I only made it to page 84, and I skimmed the previous pages!