Siobhan Davis's Reviews > Remember Yesterday

Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn

Oct 14, 2016

bookshelves: arc, entangled, netgalley, on-my-kindle, review-copy, sci-fi, series, romance, ya

Remember Yesterday is the next instalment in the Forget Tomorrow series by Pintip Dunn. I liked the first book and after that horrific ending I was excited to get stuck into the next book. However, I felt an immediate disconnect when I opened my Kindle to discover this book was narrated by Jessa ten years later. Now, this does make sense on one level (don't want to spoil the story so I'm being vague on purpose) but I still felt let-down. Not sure the author could have written it any other way though.

I missed Logan so much in this book, but Tanner was an awesome male substitute. Jess was probably more likable than Callie as the MC but it did take me some time to warm up to these characters and this story.

The first half dragged for me and I felt the story was too similar to the first book but things really ramped up a few notches in the second half and I became immersed in the plot and addicted to the characters. The end few chapters were exhilarating and I was totally hooked. The plot was a lot less predictable in the second half and I really enjoyed it.

Now I love Jess and Tanner and I'm so happy with the reemergence of some of my fav characters toward the end.

I adore Pintip's style of writing and I have no issues there. Her world building is decent and well crafted as was character development.

In summary, after a bit of a disconnect and a slow start, I became engrossed in the story and the characters lives and I'm definitely invested in continuing this series.

Actual rating 3.75 stars.

Thanks to Entangled Teen for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This review will appear on my blog on Nov 20th - http://myyanabookobsession.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Yesterday.

August 20, 2016 – Shelved
September 22, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
September 22, 2016 – Shelved as: ya
October 13, 2016 –
October 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Natshane (new)

Natshane I really love the cover! Looking forward to your review! :)

Siobhan Davis Yeah, these covers are beautiful :)