Jen 's Reviews > Wolf's Mate

Wolf's Mate by Chantal Fernando

4 Kinda Badass Stars

Vinnie grew up without a family, coming of age in the foster care system. After a rough childhood, he finally found his place as a member of the Wind Dragons MC. When a member of a rival yet somewhat friendly (?) MC calls in a marker and asks Vinnie to keep his cousin safe, Vinnie's warned to expect a week with an entitled princess.

After her father got sent to prison for some Mafia related book cooking, Shayla found herself on the run and living on the down low. Vinnie's only supposed to be the one to keep her safe for a week, but sparks fly and before you can say "she's mine" Vinnie's claimed his not so spoiled lady.

When you find something good, you fight to keep it. Even if it means fighting dirty. You look after it. You cherish it. And you don’t let anyone fuck with it.

This is my first book read from this series and I had no trouble following along, for the most part. My favorite aspect of Wolf's Mate and the reason this bad boy's getting four stars? Vinnie and Shay. Yes, there was some insta love, but I'm giving it a pass because it was fun insta love. Sue me! I liked Shay and Vinnie together and when it comes right down to it, these two folks who didn't even know they needed each other worked for me.

I don't read a ton of MC books but when I do, I expect a little edge and a little grit. This book was missing that for me. Yes, stuff happens you've come to expect from your normal MC book, but most of the action remained a little ho hum to me.

While not an overwhelmingly awesome read for me, I enjoyed the author's writing enough to overlook some issues. This is my first Chantal Fernando book but it won't be my last.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf's Mate.

August 19, 2016 – Started Reading
August 23, 2016 – Shelved as: good-girl-meets-bad-boy
August 23, 2016 – Shelved as: manwhore
August 23, 2016 – Shelved as: part-of-a-series
August 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Hun! :)
xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Happy reading, sweets! :D xoxo

Jen Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Happy reading, sweets! :D xoxo"

Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean❤️Rafe❤️Liam❤️Beck❤️ and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "Enjoy Hun! :)
xoxo"

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Great review, Jen!

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Jen xx

message 6: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Jen! :)

Jen Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Great review, Jen!"

Thanks, Nissa! :)

Jen ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Great review, Jen xx"

Thanks, hun! xx

Jen Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Jen! :)"

Thanks, Ms. Aisling! :)

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Great review! I have this one sitting on my Kindle waiting for me too :)

Sabrina Great review, babe :D

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, babe! ;)

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, Jen! xoxo

Jen Paige wrote: "Great review! I have this one sitting on my Kindle waiting for me too :)"

Thanks, Paige! I don't know if a MC book is ever cute, but I thought this one was :)

Jen Sabrina wrote: "Great review, babe :D"

Thank you, sweets! :))

Jen Arianna wrote: "Terrific review, babe! ;)"

Thanks, babe! xx

Jen ✤Maria✤ wrote: "Terrific review, Jen! xoxo"

Why thank you, Ms. Maria! xx

message 18: by Pam (new)

Pam another Great review, Jen :)

Jen Pam wrote: "another Great review, Jen :)"

Thanks, Pam! :)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fab review, doll!!!! xo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Terrific review, Jen! I need to get back to this series and this book. Glad you enjoyed! :D xoxo

Jen Jenny wrote: "Fab review, doll!!!! xo"

Thanks, Jenny! xx

Jen Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Terrific review, Jen! I need to get back to this series and this book. Glad you enjoyed! :D xoxo"

Did you enjoy the rest of the series? I can see picking up a few of the other books based on what I read in this one.

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Jen wrote: "Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Terrific review, Jen! I need to get back to this series and this book. Glad you enjoyed! :D xoxo"

Did you enjoy the rest of the series? I can see picking up a few of the o..."

I liked book 1, book 2 was ok (couldn't connect with the characters as a couple) and I started book 3 but paused. I'm waiting to be in one of my in-between reads before I give it another go. Although, book 3 doesn't have stellar reviews. :/ Give it a go though and see how you like book 1! I'm definitely going to read this one, if you liked it. :D