Patrice Hoffman's Reviews > Dark Paradise

Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag

Jun 03, 2011

liked it
Read from October 07 to 10, 2011

There isn't much to say about this book. After reading so many Tami Hoag books back to back to back... there's a recurring theme. The romance in this one was cheesy and the suspense just isn't there for me. I've given it three stars because the writing is pretty good. A little repetitive but still good. And I have to admit that I do like watching a good Lifetime Network movie every now and again. That's the best way to describe her books: Lifetime Network. Not to say that's bad or anything. I just want my suspense novels less corny, with much more gore, and less sappy. This book did start out quickly for me but towards the middle it felt like there was nothing pushing the book forward. It went from a 9 to quick 2 in the interest level on a scale of 1-10.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Paradise.

10/07/2011 page 70
10/10/2011 page 247
48.0% "Didn't do any reading at all this weekend. Doesn't really help that I'm not all that thrilled with this book. Kinda in a boring spot in the book right now. Hopefully it gets better."
10/10/2011 page 342
66.0% "this book is definitely a lot less exciting than the other books I've read by her. I can't wait to start the other books I have by this author."