David Pfanschmidt's Reviews > Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents

Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents by Gary Chapman

I’m a father of four and a grandfather of eight. So why am I reading and reviewing “Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Became Parents” by Gary Chapman and Shannon Warden? Full confession, I read it by accident. NetGalley sent me the wrong book to review.
That said, I’m so thankful they sent me this book. It is five stars of great advice, quick tips, fun examples, appropriate Scripture, life scenarios, and plain old common sense. In fact, I’ve pre-ordered copies for each of my children. Yes, it’s that good!
Chapman covers practical matters such as how children can and will radically change your life, potty training, what the financial cost will be. He moves into developing our children’s social skills, academic skills, and emotional health. No topic that I’ve seen in 38 years of being a parent (and 10 years of being a grandparent) is missed.
Perhaps most importantly, Chapman spends time on apologizing, forgiving, and how mom and dad can stay connected through the turbulent years and trials of raising multiple children.
If you’re thinking of having children, already do have children, or are in the grandparenting stage of life, this book is a five-star winner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents.

August 19, 2016 – Started Reading