Riska Hariyadi's Reviews > Animal Farm

Animal Farm by George Orwell

20152615

I was Flabergasted. Maybe i am lack of some knowledge on Marxism movement in Rusia since first i am not really into it and the other things because i believe that to apply one exact pagan without trying to consider the other was kind of wrong step to attain. As International Student i did understand the concept of the pagan, so basically i did understand the story where at one point proletarian class wanted burgeoise to leaving the throne and taking care of anything in the equal seat , So I got the meaning that the writer wanted to deliver and i was really impressed because this satire more than just amazing. We probably can relate anything in it as a metaphor to things that happens today. Many people started to do the rebellion because they wanted to change, but sometimes they did'nt even notice the things that drive them. It was just like deliver another tyrant for changing former tyrant.

It was ironic, How boxer who actually had only his physical strength being fooled by the tyrant pig. All the maxim that kept inside his head was completely wrong and he had no idea of that. Yet, he became one of the great asset to build a windmill. I read a lots of how people related this to the Stalin era in which Animal Farm was The USSR.

This book is the great example in which power is tend to corrupt, it fulfilled by lots of moral value and despite of the relation of this story to the political issue that happened before. I am pretty sure that these book was not only a lesson from the past event but also story that would always can be related to the present and perhaps future. One other thing that i learned from it was that i should be educated. One is not easily get fooled, if they are educated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Farm.

August 1, 2016 – Started Reading