Jessica Loves Books's Reviews > Four Letter Word

Four Letter Word by J.  Daniels

Aug 18, 2016

bookshelves: 4-stars

I really, really liked this book! The characters were intriguing right from the start, and I loved how their relationship began. Brian and Sydney were perfect for each other, and the chemistry between the two of them was perfect! I didn't want to put this book down, and that's always a good thing. There were only two things that kept me from giving this book 5 stars.

#1 - The dialogue was a little off to me. Brian, in particular, didn't use pronouns very often, which bothered me. So instead of saying, "I want you right now," he would just say, "Want you right now." I know that it's a small thing, but every time that happened, it jarred me out of the story.

#2 - The ending seemed rushed. There was this huge buildup through the entire book over what I just knew was going to be a big conflict. And while there was an altercation and tension, it didn't live up to what I needed it to be. I was ready for a knock-down, drag out fight, and instead I got a hasty make-up. It either needed to be the big event, or nothing at all. The in-between just left me disappointed

Despite these two things, I loved this book. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Letter Word.

August 18, 2016 – Started Reading