L.P. Logan's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Aug 17, 2016

bookshelves: classics, historical, love-stories

Okay, so what's not to love about the visual of Mr. Darcy standing in the rain while confessing his love for Elizabeth . . . or the fact that he does it again months later in a glorious morning sunrise?
Obviously this is the book and not the movie, and the visuals are in large part left up to the individual reader. Still, its a classic read and probably my second favorite Jane Austen work.
1 like · flag

Finished Reading
August 17, 2016 – Shelved
August 17, 2016 – Shelved as: classics
August 17, 2016 – Shelved as: historical
August 17, 2016 – Shelved as: love-stories

Councillor May I ask which comes first in your personal Austen rankings? (I'm still going to start with Pride & Prejudice when I first delve into Austen's works, but whatever your favorite may be, I might consider reading it after Pride. In case I haven't gotten enough of Austen by then yet, that is.)

L.P. Logan Sense & Sensibility. A little more understated, but I like that it hasn't been so widely favorited and commercialized. You'll have to let me know what you think. The story is wonderful, and in my humble opinion, surpasses Pride and Prejudice

Councillor L.P. wrote: "Sense & Sensibility. A little more understated, but I like that it hasn't been so widely favorited and commercialized. You'll have to let me know what you think. The story is wonderful, and in my h..."

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Thanks!