Tammy Parks's Reviews > The Girl Who Fell from the Sky

The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow

3.75 A thoughtful and beautiful book. Rachel is the daughter of an African American GI father and a Danish mother. Due to a horrible tragedy, she lives with her paternal grandmother. Slowly, the story of Rachel's mother, father, and siblings is revealed. There is an interesting parallel storyline about Jamie, a young man who witnessed the tragedy and comes to play an important role in Rachel's life. This is a sad, but also uplifting and inspiring, look at the life of a biracial teen, a girl caught between two worlds, not quite feeling at home in either one. My only complaint is that the ending felt a little rushed, and some of the characters were underdeveloped, but still a very enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Fell from the Sky.

Started Reading
August 17, 2016 – Shelved
August 17, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse Walters I'm starting to look through your 'read' list --I've never read this --sounds pretty good :) xo

Tammy Parks I really enjoyed it. It was a quick read, and the narrative structure is interesting.

message 3: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse Walters ok...its in the back of my mind. :)