Sakura Joy's Reviews > Vert émeraude

Vert émeraude by Kerstin Gier

bookshelves: young-adult, mystery, hi-story, boy-meets-girl
Read 2 times. Last read July 26, 2018 to July 30, 2018.

Welcome back to the trilogy of the jewels, a wonderful world where we, readers, are supposed to care more about Gwen's daily life than her ability to time travel. Unless... OH WAIT. What's going on there?? After a likable first volume and a "meh" second book where nothing significant happens, I was afraid I would continue to go down the slope of boredom but it seems that, eventually, the author woke up and remembered why she had begun to write the jewel trilogy in the first place.

Yes, people, this book finally gives us what we were promised: fun time-travel related stuff! Surprisingly, Xemerius shows that sometimes, he's capable of just being a cute ghost pet (even though I still believe it was a really unnecessary character), Gideon evolves from a dark brainless *sshole to an almost regular boy (I wouldn't say he suddenly gets a personality of his own though, but it's a step forward all the same), and even Gwen finally gets to deal with real problems (by that I mean problems that are plot-related, and not just some random teenage drama).

Hell, some passages actually made me giggle, and not for bad reasons! So, yeah, sure, some dialogues may sound maudlin, and the ending is a bit too cheesy to my taste but who cares? Well, ok, probably a lot of people but since I had an unexpectingly good time, I certainly won't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vert émeraude.

July 26, 2016 – Started Reading