Andrei's Reviews > The Devil All the Time

The Devil All the Time by Donald Ray Pollock

I found this book to be fabulous, after some reading, I told myself that the author can't be too young, cause this book literally will transpose you in the past so well that you might wonder if time travel was not invented somehow and you don't know. Many characters are portraited like being pretty well dumb but considering the environment and the conditions set by the story, you can easily accept such premises. I guess this book can offend many readers that are not very open minded as the author will use some grotesque and almost traumatic descriptions, and will present a series of wrong choices that seem influenced by religion and religion gatherings, but the end didn't look so dramatic with a character that at least will do some killings being forced by morality and a bit by surroundings, you might have some pleasure as in this book, most of the wrong doings will be paid later, even though in some cases the price will not balance the evil done.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil All the Time.

August 15, 2016 – Started Reading