Mai Rikter-Svendsen's Reviews > Animal Farm

Animal Farm by George Orwell

U 50x66

I caught on to this book as soon as I started reading it. This was the first book that I read by George Orwell, and I really enjoyed it. Although it was a little easy to read, I found the ideas behind the book really interesting. I’ve heard that Animal Farm has a lot of connection with and is based on historic events such as the Russian revolution, but I myself don't know very much about these events. What I really enjoyed about this book is what probably most people enjoyed too, which is the development of Napoleon throughout the book. How he changed into this evil leader, and how the Squealer managed to reword what Napoleon did and said so that the other animals would just about go along with it. These general ideas are quite interesting, and even though the entire book is about animals ruling a farm, these are ideas that are very important even to this day. The age one reads this really affects how much you take from this book. The ideas are somewhat basic for all I know, but the way George Orwell displayed them was made to book so great for me.
I would even recommend this book to younger kids because at one point they might think back at it, or reread it later in their life and suddenly understand what the book really was about, and also how great this phenomenon is of reading Animal Farm at different times of your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Farm.

Finished Reading