Laurie 's Reviews > Wolf's Mate

Wolf's Mate by Chantal Fernando

it was ok

I’ve enjoyed The Wind Dragons MC Series despite a couple of hiccups here and there. Apart from Wild Ride (which I considered incomplete), each book in the series has been a solid read. It was because of my frustrations with Wild Ride that I delayed reading Wolf’s Mate, despite purchasing it as soon as it was released. Somehow I had an inkling it wasn’t going to work for me and unfortunately my intuition was spot on.

For the first half of the story, I found myself begging for some kind of action. Unfortunately, when something did happen, we are told about it instead of shown it. I almost DNF’d at that point, but I soldiered on. I should have gone with my gut instinct. At one point we got a play by play of an everyday freaking burger run that Shay and Rake went on. A. Burger. Run. I kept thinking “What’s next, the dentist, the gas station?”. In the words of the famous Facebook lady, “Ain’t nobody got time for that”.

At the 80% mark, we hit the manufactured angst motherlode. It was freaking ridiculous seeing as how she didn’t even give Vinnie a chance. The good news is Vinnie does do good grovel.

To add to it, throughout the book we are constantly reminded of how freaking great Faye is, to the extent of comparing her to ninjas or superheroes. Don’t get me wrong, I like Faye and have reread her book more than once, but I don’t like the idea of the heroines getting overshadowed by someone else. It’s akin to going out of your way to outshine the bride on her wedding day. Tacky.

After all that we get to the ending. Sigh…Shay put herself firmly into TSTL territory, and her reason for holding back info was the dumbest explanation I have ever heard.

While I have enjoyed this series overall, with this being the second book I have struggled with and considering each book is $5.99 a pop, I am doubtful I will continue.

2 I Like Faye But This Wasn’t Her Book Stars

For this review and more, check out EDGy Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf's Mate.

August 16, 2016 – Shelved