Cab's Reviews > Come and Get Me

U 50x66
Jun 02, 2011

bookshelves: lgbt, romance, e-books

The following is the description of this book on the Bold Strokes Website:

“What would you do if an irresistibly desirable but utterly untouchable woman whispered to you, If you want me, you'll have to come and get me?

That's exactly the situation that Elliott Foster, CEO of Foster MacKenzie, finds herself in when she meets the alluring Lauren Collier, Chief Legal Counsel of a Fortune 500 company. Elliott never has a shortage of attractive women willing to share her bed, and she doesn't care if they are attracted to her or just her money. By her rules, if two women are attracted to each other there's no reason why they shouldn't spend the night together—or in some cases, the afternoon. Lauren, intriguing but decidedly off limits, doesn't fit the mold and Elliot knows she should walk away. Instead she finds herself in the unusual position of pursuing another woman, and even more disconcertingly...on Lauren's terms. Come and Get Me is a passionate, rollercoaster romance that's anything but predictable.”

************

When I read the above synopsis I had the impression that Lauren literally laid down a challenge for Elliot to “Come and Get Me.” I don’t know what I was thinking and I suspect that is the story were really written that simply I probably would not have enjoyed it as much as I did. Without spoiling the plot, you have Elliot who has a playgirl persona that she hides some very interesting aspects of her personality. Then you have Lauren who is a successful lawyer who challenges Elliot and definitely falls outside of Elliot’s normal “fling” material. Lauren doesn’t respond to Elliot in any of the ways that she is used to, making her fascinating and a little dangerous for Elliot.

I’ve read several of Julie Cannon’s stories. As a result, I tend to expect a well written story where I feel some sort of connection to the characters. Once again, I was not disappointed. This was a fun story with just enough subplot(s) to give the characters some extra depth and the reader another opportunity to understand the personalities involved.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come and Get Me.

Started Reading