Alex (HEABookNerd)'s Reviews > Quantum

Quantum by Jess Anastasi

19977507
Series: Atrophy #2
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

I flew through Quantum and I loved every second of it! The story of the Reidar and Rian’s mission to find and kill them is just getting more and more interesting. I loved how tough Mae was; it’s clear Jess Anastasi knows how to write a strong woman. Mae and Zander have their ups and downs but even when they aren’t together they are both willing to protect the other. Zander is more straitlaced then the previous book’s hero, Tannin, as well as Rian but at his heart he’s just a military grunt; he has no problem getting his hands dirty.

I liked Mae and Zander but I found myself looking forward to getting back to Rian’s POV and following that story line. We get to see a lot more of Rian and Ella and they definitely shoot sparks off each other. I loved seeing the Imojenna crew again as well as the addition of the Ebony Winter crew which I’m very intrigued by. At the samae time, I was unsure of Rian in Atrophy, but I’m coming around to wanting to know more. There’s a deep well of pain and depression in Rian and this causes him to lash out against those that just want to help. I will say that I’m still unsure if I like Rian yet, but I am intrigued by him and curious to know more about this incredibly complex character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quantum.

Started Reading