Jane's Reviews > White Witch, Black Curse

White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison

Jun 02, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, gargoyles, pixies, vampires, weres, demons, read-in-2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch, Black Curse.

June 2, 2011 – Shelved
September 1, 2011 –
page 512
September 1, 2011 – Finished Reading
November 29, 2011 – Shelved as: read-in-2011

Jane Yatta! I feel one of those is in order as I've finished the 7th book in Kim Harrison's Hollows series and the last one that I actually have to read. I'm aware that there are a couple more which I might seek out when the backlog of reading is over.

I've had a bit of a love hate relationship with Rachel she's been stupid and she's been whiney but on the whole since the fourth book, she improved. The seventh was almost a backward step, but it was great to see Rachel accept her nature in this one.

I've got a couple of gripes with this book, I kind of liked Marshal, I do have a weakness for white knights and he was sweet but I felt that he was dealt with in a clumsy way. I also feel that the introduction of Pierce as a concept was odd, he felt like an add on designed to be pure Rachel catnip but that is just a minor gripe. Robbie turning up too was an annoyance.

I'm glad that this book dealt with closure for both Ivy and Rachel over Kisten, I don't ship them but I feel that they both should get on with it because they are clearly linked and would all be groovy.

They aren't a bad series of books, the world they inhabit is a great idea and I enjoy that side very much I'm just less sure about the characters some of the time. Edden acted a bit OOC in this one in my opinion.

Overall enjoyed muchly.