Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > The Bookshop on Autumn Lane

The Bookshop on Autumn Lane by Cynthia Tennent

liked it

description

Gertrude “Trudy” Brown returns home to take care and sell off the rundown store her late Aunt Gertrude left her. While in town she meets Christopher “Kit” Darlington, a professor of American Studies at Cambridge and a man searching for an elusive manuscript that may be hidden in Trudy's shop.

As these two seemingly very different people spend the Fall days together, cleaning out Trudy’s bookshop, a friendship and feelings soon develop.

description

This one was pretty middle of the road for me. It found it slow and I didn't much like either of the characters. In fact I really didn't like anyone in the story. The towns people were jerks. Everyone was annoying. It was well written though and Kit and Trudy has some fun banter at times. Plus I enjoyed the bookstore small town setting. So it gets a tentative 3 stars from yours truly.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bookshop on Autumn Lane.

August 16, 2016 – Shelved
August 16, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-to-review
September 12, 2016 – Shelved as: oct-arcs-to-review
October 6, 2016 – Started Reading
October 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Looks super chick lit. Was there at least any smut to get your gears grinding? Great review btw.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Looks super chick lit. Was there at least any smut to get your gears grinding? Great review btw."

There was sex, but not descriptive. *lol*

message 3: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Eve wrote: "JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Looks super chick lit. Was there at least any smut to get your gears grinding? Great review btw."
There was sex, but not descriptive. *lol*"

Ugggh non descriptive sex scenes! It's like taking the filling out of my pie!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Eve wrote: "JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Looks super chick lit. Was there at least any smut to get your gears grinding? Great review btw."
There was sex, but not descriptive. *lol*"

Ugggh non descriptive..."

*lol* Indeed!

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe,x

message 7: by Bev (new)

Bev I'm thinking you took one for the team. Better luck with your next one hun x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bev wrote: "I'm thinking you took one for the team. Better luck with your next one hun x"

*lol* Thanks! :D

message 9: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu On to the next. Sorry it wasn't better. Great Review :)