Ines's Reviews > Flash

Flash by Jayne Ann Krentz

liked it

** spoiler alert ** I have just finished reading this book and I like it (hence the 3 star review).
It has a little bit of everything - love, drama, business world, scary things etc.
The characters are quite simple - they were not that much interesting to me (they had no interesting background, but I guess that wasn't that much relevant to the story itself).
What I found weird was the whole romance thing between Olivia and Jasper. I don't get it. Okay, they are physically attracted to each other and they are connected in several ways (Glow), but I still don't quite understand the whole marriage thing. For me, marriage comes later in the relationship, after you are really sure that you want to be with someone for the rest of your life. I get the idea that they are rushing into things. From what I understood, they've known each other for only a couple of months, not even that (maybe it was more, but I got the idea that the book only takes up a short period of time). Even the family thought about them getting married. I understand that maybe they are serious grown ups that know what they want in their life, but it was just really weird for me.
Also, what got on my nerves was Jasper's constant idea of his "timing" regarding work and love. He constantly mentions it and it always made me roll my eyes.
Plus, I have no idea why, but I pictured Miguel Ferrer as Jasper, so it wasn't that much of a romantic storyline that kept me reading.

All in all, it was a good book, but I hated the idea of the chess player because now I want to re-read it to understand it, but I will not because I don't find the book that enjoyable to read again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flash.

August 1, 2016 – Started Reading