Dad's Reviews > The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of L... by The Church of Jesus Christ ...

Jun 01, 2011

bookshelves: lds
Read in June, 1972

It is more understandable than the Bible but it still has parts I don't understand. They are events and people I don't relate to as they are of a different age than my own. It is not a fault of the book but my own, needing to become more familiar with my own history.
I glory in the efforts put forth by the early members of the Church to establish said church and to go on despite persecutions which were very severe. Many of these were my forbears. Thanks go to them for the excellent conditions we live in today.
I enjoy the presentations of the doctrine like the Plan of Salvation, the Word of Wisdom, the Doctine of Eternal Marriage, and dissertations about the Priesthood of God as well as comments of the direction of God to the members and leaders of His newly restored church upon the earth.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.