Ryan Buckby's Reviews > The Leaving

The Leaving by Tara Altebrando

liked it

actual rating: 3.5

i did enjoy this book but there were some flaws in the writing style and story that i had an issue with but don't get me wrong the whole story concept is very interesting and i still enjoyed it.

6 children go missing when they're all six and only 5 children return 11 years later with no memory of what had happened to them. we go back from perspectives of two of the missing children and one of the sisters of the child who never returned with the other 5. I would have love to see more perspectives of the missing children so i could of gotten a sense of how they were feeling with the whole situation. I enjoyed Scarlett's and Lucas chapters very much however i didn't like Avery's chapters i felt that character was the weakest one throughout the book.

I found the clues very predictable to they were there were you could plainly see them which left me scratching my head because when i read mystery/thriller books i want to be left with questions and get the answers at the end instead of while i'm reading.

The ending was disappointing for me as well but i won't go into to much detail on what i didn't dislike because i want people to read and find out about it for themselves

If you love mystery/thriller novels i think you will love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leaving.

August 15, 2016 – Started Reading