Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Locked and Loaded

Locked and Loaded by Mandy Baxter

bookshelves: erotic, dual-pov, feds-police, netgalley, suspense

4.5 stars!! Romantic suspense at its finest!!

Charlie is a federal prosecutor. She's smart, tough, and arrogant while being vulnerable (yeah, I'm not even sure how that works lol). She has been chosen to lead a task force to investigate and take down the Faction Five, a crime syndicate thought to consist of men of power (i.e. federal judge, senator, etc.).

Mason is a former CBP (Customs and Border Protection) agent, dissatisfied with the politics of the system. He bucks authority but desperately wants to be a U.S. Marshall. He finally gets the opportunity but the position hinges on his cooperation with the task force. Unfortunately, it's his background they're more interested in, not his skills, because the lead that they want to go after... Mason's brother, an infamous gem smuggler.

And from the there the story takes a life of its own. It was incredibly interesting, while being fast-paced, sexy, and intense. I strongly recommend it to all romantic suspense lovers.

Copy provided in exchange for an honest review

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locked and Loaded.

Started Reading
August 14, 2016 – Shelved
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: erotic
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: dual-pov
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: feds-police
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: suspense
August 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review Natalie!! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Jenny wrote: "Great review Natalie!! xx"

Thanks hun xoxo

message 3: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Ummm... I've never tried a romance suspense before. I think I'll add this one to my TBR. Thanks for the great review, Natalie.

Natalie The Biblioholic Tricia wrote: "Ummm... I've never tried a romance suspense before. I think I'll add this one to my TBR. Thanks for the great review, Natalie."

Thanks Tricia! I really hope you like this one xoxo

message 5: by Ashleyjo (new)

Ashleyjo These are all standalone, right?

Natalie The Biblioholic Ashleyjo wrote: "These are all standalone, right?"

Oh yes. I didn't even know there were other books in the series until I was doing my review lol