Maria's Reviews > Fateful

Fateful by Claudia Gray

Recommended to Maria by: Claudia Gray @ BookExpo
Recommended for: Everyone!!

Claudia Gray has to be one of my favorite authors, period. She just has this way of writing that makes you never want to put a book down. Of course, most of you have read the Evernight series (and if you haven't, you should go do so right now!), and so you know how amazing Claudia's novels are. But this one, Fateful, has made it's way to the top of my list.

I think one of the best aspects of Fateful is that you already know one thing that's going to happen - I mean, they're on the Titanic - we all know how that ends up! Knowing that at any moment, they're going to hit the iceberg, knowing that the ship is going to sink, makes the story incredibly exciting before you even turn the first page. And I'd just like to add that even though the story takes place on the Titanic, the story is actually loosely based on the events of that day. Claudia takes great care to respect the memory of those who died.

Now, on to the story. Immediately, I fell in love with our main character, Tess. She's sweet, generous, and kick-ass! She knows her place in life (as a servant), but at the same time, she's never afraid to step past her boundaries when she has to. At one point in the story, she even gets all dressed up and hangs out on the First Class deck of the ship - if that's not gutsy, I don't know what it is.

I also fell in love with our paranormal hero in the story - Alec (although I do feel that this name is being over-used). In such a short novel, we learn that Alec is a werewolf (not by choice) and is refusing to become evil/greedy like all the other werewolves he knows. He'd actually rather die than join their cause, and that just makes us swoon even more. He's handsome, charming, and falls for the servant girl - how could you NOT love him!

I will say no more - but I will tell you that this book is a must-read! The supsense, the action, the drama, the Titanic!!! Honestly...I wish it had been longer, lol.

5 out of 5 stars!
Maria @GoodChoiceReading.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fateful.

May 23, 2011 – Started Reading
May 25, 2011 – Finished Reading
June 1, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rebecca I loved this book too. Loved Alec - so refreshing to read about a paranormal hero who is sweet and protective and a gentleman and NOT A JERK like in so many paranormals. loved the Titanic setting too!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Claudia Gray is an amazing writer. One of my favorites as well!