Ashelynn's Reviews > A Touch Morbid

A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford

Jun 01, 2011

bookshelves: recommend, reread-a-million-times

this review is also on Gypsy Book Reviews.

A Touch Morbid is the amazing sequel to one of my favorite 2011 reads, A Touch Mortal. This time the stakes are higher, the world is darker, and dun dun dun: CLIFFHANGER! :flings self off cliff:

I had a hard time writing the review for A Touch Morbid. I loved it a lot, and I didn’t want to ramble like I did with my review of the first book. So after I finished ATM2, I didn’t write a review for a few weeks. I was scared to say anything because I hadn’t read any reviews of ATM2 before I read it. I only knew what it was about because Leah revealed the summary and flap copy before I got my review copy. The ARC has no summary on it.

But, see, Leah’s twists are so twisty and there’s so many of them somebody could spoil the book for me and I’d still really enjoy reading it. And trust me, the twists for A Touch Morbid are insane.

I reread Mortal before I read Morbid, and I actually recommend people do that because of the way Leah writes. She doesn’t explain anything, and I like that type of writing style. It makes me feel more in touch with Eden, who also doesn’t really understand the world. These are the books where you have to pay a lot of attention to them. You can’t be doing two things at once.

I don’t know what to say about this book without giving it all away. I want to talk about Sullivan, a new character who is… strange and interesting. I liked her a lot and the weird thing is I guessed her ending for ATM2. There’s no clues for Sullivan, so the fact that I knew was very strange. It’s like I’m psychic or something.

And it’s steamier. Eden and Az can’t lip-lock kiss because Eden’s breath will make Az fall and that’s the last thing we want, right? RIGHT? But there’s still romantic gestures between them—and they even go on a date which I really liked. That scene… <3

Except if any of you know Leah, you know it can only be happy-times for a few pages then BAM! Something huge happens. Mood killer.

I will say something about the cliffhanger: it will make you scream. *I* screamed at the ending and then immediately flipped to the front of the book to start reading it again. I didn’t, though by the time this review actually posts I might have reread Morbid. I don’t know. It’s just SO GOOD.

And now that I look back on this review, it seems more like a ramble. Well… maybe I’ll write a coherent review for ATM3 when I can read it?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch Morbid.

June 1, 2011 – Shelved
January 11, 2012 – Started Reading
January 11, 2012 –
page 50
16.72% "he he he. i'm so excited to be reading this i can't even."
January 12, 2012 –