Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog's Reviews > Hands On

Hands On by Cathryn Fox

bookshelves: adult-romance, alpha-male, novella, series, sports-romance

Hands On is the first installment in a three-novella series. Oh my word. This book. It took me less than thirty minutes to finish this novella, but wow. Is it hot in here or what?

Psychiatrist Danielle Lang lands a gig to talk about sex therapy, but thing is, the only knowledge she has about sex come from books. How will she be able to talk about sex and its intricacies if she knows nothing about it? In comes Seattle Kings star quarterback Jack Rider.

After a knee injury, Jack moves back to his hometown to recuperate. He really needs to get better or else he might just say goodbye to his career. On a way to a coffee fix, he sees Danielle, as hot and beautiful as he remembered from high school. Unbeknownst to him, Danielle's best friend is goading her into asking Jack to sleep with her. So when she drops by his auto mechanics shop and invites him to her place to sleep with her, he's pleasantly surprised but 100% willing.

Just when things are getting hot and heavy, Jack finds out that Danielle is a virgin, so instead of just doing the deed and popping the cherry, Jack promises to teach her everything and make sure her first time is the best she could ever have. And he has two weeks to give it to her.

The Hands On series is a bit of a second chance friends-with-benefit story since Jack and Danielle knew each other back in high school, and it seemed like Jack and Danielle harbored feelings––or attraction, at least––for each other.

Jack is hot! Jeez. He's a confident alpha who knows what to do and knows what just what to say. His mouth. Lordy lord. They haven't even gone all the way yet, but just judging by his words, you know he's going to rock Danielle's world.

Danielle is a meek yet independent girl who never had time for dating and sex until now. There are a few hints here and there about her past life and life in general, and I look forward to finding more about her. I'm not that much of a fan of the obliviously pretty girls, but well, we can't have everything.

Hands On is a fun, sexy, steamy start to a (hopefully) wonderful series, and I look forward to reading Body Contact and Fully Exposure.

Complimentary copy given in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hands On.

August 14, 2016 – Started Reading
August 14, 2016 – Shelved
August 15, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Marking this as to-read, Nissa! :) Sounds like a really hot and smexy read! :) Oooh and I saw that the second book is coming out in a couple of days?! Yay! Bonus!

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Terrific review, Nissa! ;)

message 3: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Second chance with benefits. Hmmm me wants! :D

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Nissa xx

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Pearl wrote: "Second chance with benefits. Hmmm me wants! :D"

Two very enjoyable tropes for sure! ;)

Kat wrote: "Marking this as to-read, Nissa! :) Sounds like a really hot and smexy read! :) Oooh and I saw that the second book is coming out in a couple of days?! Yay! Bonus!"

smexy indeed! ;) The third book's coming out in September. I think it's best to wait 'til then? They're three really quick reads. Took me 30 minutes each, I think.

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Great review, Nissa xx"
Thank you, lovely! xx

Nancy wrote: "Awesome review, Nissa! :)"
Thanks, Nancy! :) xx

Karla wrote: "Terrific review, Nissa! ;)"
Thank you, Karla! xx

message 6: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Nissa! :)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Candace wrote: "Great review, Nissa! :)"

Thanks, Candace! :) x