Rubi's Reviews > For Better or Worse

For Better or Worse by Lauren Layne

Aug 13, 2016

bookshelves: netgalley, books-read-2016, ebooks-i-own

I just cannot get enough of Lauren Layne! I want to marathon read all of her books and live happily ever after. *sigh* There's just something so special about how she's able to transport me into a setting that I've never been in and make it all feel so real!

In For Better or Worse, we get the story of neighbors Heather and Josh. Heather is a 27 year old who's never been in love. She comes from a small town in Michigan and moved to the Big Apple with even bigger dreams of making a name for herself. As an assistant with The Wedding Belles, she has been dying for the promotion to wedding planner which seems to finally be around the corner. Unfortunately, the 33 year old overgrown frat boy next door's band practices are costing her sleep and focus. Heather soon realizes there is much more to playboy Josh than she originally thought and watching these two learn each other was a ride I enjoyed every minute of!

My favorite thing about Lauren Layne is her ability to create characters you can't help but love! Heather was a total darling with a good heart that I just wanted the best out of life for and Josh's quick wit had me laughing out loud more than once. I've always said my favorite thing between a couple is funny banter and these two were a perfect match! Also, I must say that I love Layne's men! Most contemporary books have me rooting for the female lead and swooning over the male lead, but I've noticed that with Lauren Layne I always end up liking the male lead just a tad more. They aren't pounding their chest nor are they catering doormats. They are just the perfect amount of strong and sweet and sexy! *swoon*

This series is a must read for anybody that loves a good love story. I enjoy the small updates you get in each book of how the relationships in past/future book's are moving along. I've been looking forward to Alexis and Logan's story for what seems like months now and I am counting down til the release of the final book, To Love and to Cherish!

**Huge thanks to Pocket Books and Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange of an honest review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Better or Worse.

August 13, 2016 – Shelved