Sarah's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

bookshelves: fantasy, a-whole-new-world, classics, here-there-be-dragons
Read 2 times. Last read April 21, 2017 to April 22, 2017.

I wish I'd found out about this book years ago! Dealing With Dragons was a very fun read, and if it isn't a classic yet, it ought to be. I quite enjoyed following Cimorene in her interactions with dragons, wizards, and unwelcome rescuers- particularly as Cimorene, unlike many similar characters in more modern books, isn't rebellious, only practical and possessing a good deal more common sense than a great many of the people around her. And the story contains more than enough bits that'll make anyone- well, perhaps not laugh out loud, but certainly grin and giggle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.

August 13, 2016 – Started Reading
August 13, 2016 – Shelved
August 13, 2016 –
page 74
34.91% "Why did I not read this book sooner? It's utterly delightful."
August 14, 2016 –
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: here-there-be-dragons
August 14, 2016 – Finished Reading
April 21, 2017 – Started Reading
April 22, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Deborah O'Carroll THE SECOND ONE'S EVEN BETTER. I LOVE IT AND IT'S THE BEST. :D

Sarah Deborah wrote: "THE SECOND ONE'S EVEN BETTER. I LOVE IT AND IT'S THE BEST. :D"

That's the fastest I've ever gotten a comment on one of my reviews, I think. (And also rather funny because I was going to recommend it to you, and then I looked and saw your comment and I was like "Oh. Well then. Guess not.")
Also, I just read the second one, and I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, it was an excellent story and Mendebar is a fun character and complements Cimorene nicely. On the other hand, it was rather lacking in the dragon department and there's a bit of me that wishes Cimorene had managed one or two more adventures before she got married.

Deborah O'Carroll Well if you want more Cimorene adventures, she has more in the next couple, a bit; though the third is more from Morwen's POV and the last one is... erm... a spoiler POV. XD Honestly I didn't love the next two NEARLY as much as the first two, because of Mendanbar being my favorite... but you might like them more than me. :)

Mendanbar's one of my favorites ever and I just love him and Cimorene together so much, so I may be biased on my love for the second book. ;) I didn't even notice it was lacking in the dragon department. Huh. Apparently I didn't mind. :P

Haha, I'm glad you would've recommended it if I hadn't read it though! :D (And I happened to be online and saw you post it "0 seconds ago" so that would explain it. :P)