Arya's Reviews > The Fellowship of the Ring

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fellowship of the Ring.

Quotes Arya Liked

J.R.R. Tolkien
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

J.R.R. Tolkien
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

June 17, 2014 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 17, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 17, 2014 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
August 13, 2016 – Shelved
August 13, 2016 –
page 55
10.36% "*RILETTURA*\n\nIl Signore degli Anelli è il mio libro preferito e, visto che avevo preso anche la copia in lingua, ho deciso di rileggerlo. Ho preso questa decisione più per migliorare il mio inglese che per leggere di nuovo questa trilogia; devo dire che, per il momento, non è così impossibile come pensavo!"
August 18, 2016 –
page 79
14.88% "'Now at any rate he is as bad as an Orc, and just an enemy. He deserves death.' 'Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends. [...]'"
October 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
November 10, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites (Paperback Edition)