Julia's Reviews > Like a Bee to Honey

Like a Bee to Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand

Like A Bee To Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand is the third and final book in the Honeybee Sisters series. It has been a fabulous trilogy and I am sad to see the end of it. Once again it can be read as a stand-alone but it is far better to read the books in order.
The exploits of the Honeybee sisters, their unconventional Aunt B and the cats - Farrah Fawcett, Billy Idol and Leonard Nimoy - delight the readers once more.
This novel focuses on Rose, the youngest and quietest sister. Rose is carrying a heavy burden. It's a burden that she refuses to share and it's root is in the past but it is affecting her present and has the potential to ruin her future. "No amount of wishing or even praying would change the past." Rose needs to hand her burden over to God and remember that Jesus has already gone to the cross for all our sins.
There is the theme of forgiveness in the novel. Forgiveness may be hard but it is essential. "He tried to be forgiving in his heart but it was hard." Unforgiveness can lead to bitterness and may motivate people to act in a way they later regret.
The story shows the importance of listening to and obeying God. "When Gotte tells you to do something, you do it, no questions asked." God always has goodness at heart and wishes us to prosper.
The wonderful sense of family, begun in book one continues in this book. The family is tight knit, pulling together and motivated by love.
The mystery that unravelled in the first book reaches its climax. All of the reader's questions are answered, particularly the 'who' and 'why'.
I have really enjoyed this series. There has been a wonderful feel good factor throughout this highly amusing series. There have been some classic one liners. The characters have all been uniquely drawn and are all very likeable. I am extremely sorry to have now finished all the novels and am leaving the Honeybee sisters behind.
Highly recommended. A fabulous read.

I received this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review. No monetary compensation was received and all views expressed are my own.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like a Bee to Honey.

August 13, 2016 – Started Reading
August 13, 2016 – Shelved
August 13, 2016 –
11.0% "I love this series"
August 13, 2016 – Finished Reading