Ann L's Reviews > Highland Deception

Highland Deception by Lori Ann Bailey

I would never have known that Lori Ann was a debut author, I was captivated by this story from the very first page and couldn't put it down. I loved the characters, especially Lachlan , my new book boyfriend, and thought they interacted really well, I do hope she keeps them in mind for other books. I'm looking forward to reading more from her.

This is the story of Lachlan Cameron and Margaret Murray, they both have issues, he has been hurt and betrayed by his betrothed and doesn't trust women and so decides never to marry, she is betrothed to a monster who has sworn he will break her when they are wed, she has managed to put off the inevitable, but now her time has come to an end and she knows that her father won't break the contract as it is an aid for his political alliance, so she flees and thinks to go to a convent knowing it would be a better life than being used in the ways of men and alliances, and she doesn't want a marriage where her husband only sees her as chattel.

There is a lot more to the story, and this is just the opener. You'll find adventure, disloyalty, jealousy, bewilderment and romance in this want to read again and again book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Deception.

Finished Reading