Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*'s Reviews > Archangel's Shadows

Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh

Hell, I know this was supposed to be mostly Ash & Janvier book, but Naasir totally stole the show from them. In his usual unapologetic way.

To be fair, Ashwini and Janvier were very sweet and playfull, and had a great chemistry between them. Their storyline was gripping and fun, bloody brilliant twist was made with Ash's ability and her family. With bittersweet notes as well as joyfull streaks, courtesy of miss Singh's amazing talant.

The suummer niiiiiiights! Oops, sorry, automatic reaction there. What I was saying is that Naasir is just something special.

"Am I a person, Dmitri? Will you be sad if I die?"
Hardened and cruel thought he'd become, the innocent question had shaken him. "Yes," he'd said, as honest in his answer as Naasir had been in his question. "Yoy are a person. You are Naasir. I'll lose a piece of me if you die and it's a piece I'll never get back."
Naasir had stared at him for a long time before coming over to hug him. "Okay, Dmitri. I'm sorry. I didn't know I was a person before."

You see what I mean? That boy is precious. Lethal and wild, deffinitely feral, but both innocent and charming at the same time. The thing with the present was damn hilarious and I can't wait to read about more of Naasir's adventures.

Over and out

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Shadows.

Quotes Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* Liked

Nalini Singh
“Venom has taken Naasir's place temporarily." This time, the amusement that shaped Raphael's lips was acute. "My mother called to ask what else I have in my menagerie."

Elena snorted, in no doubt of Caliane's acerbic tone. "Can you blame her? First you send her a tiger creature who eats people he doesn’t like, and then a vampire with the eyes and fangs of a viper.” She held up a finger. “Oh, and let’s not forget the mortal you keep as a pet.”

“My mother does not consider you my pet, Elena. She is very kind to pets.”

“Oh, ouch!”

Nalini Singh
“I told Caliane that trying to civilize me is like trying to civilize a jungle cat,” Naasir said with a shrug. “We pretend to like people until we get hungry and want fresh meat.” A glance around, a glint in his eye. “I honestly do like you all. I haven’t thought about eating you for at least two centuries.”

Nalini Singh
“Janvier watched Ashwini stride away, her hips moving provocatively beneath the snug fit of her jeans. “Take care of her,” he said quietly to his friend. “She is my eternity, Louis.”

Nalini Singh
“Naasir stretched lazily before settling back into his previous position. “I’m old enough now, and I want someone to play with like you play with Janvier and Raphael does with Elena. Even Dmitri plays with Honor.” This seemed to fascinate him. “The rules are secret in each game. I want to have secret rules with a woman who . . .” A long pause. “A woman who knows me, understands what I am, and who wants to have secret rules with me.”

Nalini Singh
“Where did you come from? I wasn't looking for you.”

August 12, 2016 – Shelved
August 12, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 8, 2017 – Started Reading
March 9, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

edge of bubble that conversation killed me! Naasir is just ... Naasir! his book was very different too!

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* I know, I was tearing up at that moment. I'm not gonna wait and start reading his book right now ;)

message 3: by Jayne (new) - added it

Jayne Great review, this is a series for me to start!

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* Jayne wrote: "Great review, this is a series for me to start!"

Thank you, Jayne. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do )) Happy reading

message 5: by Lakshmi (new) - added it

Lakshmi C Fab review, Sleepless :)

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠ I <3 Naasir. I love when he's in a scene.

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* Yep! He's a ray of sunshine, that one :D