Noreen's Reviews > Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live

Finding Your Own North Star by Martha N. Beck

2208141
May 31, 2011

Read from June 06 to August 05, 2011

I'm so glad I finally read this book! It's been sitting on my shelf for several years. I was already familiar with the concepts of the essential self versus social self, as well as using your body compass because of my work with my life coach. I also had a rough knowledge of the cycle of change, but I found Martha's detailed explanations and suggested exercises for dealing with each phase of change extremely helpful -- and comforting -- and I plan on going back to certain ones to do them. Even though I did hardly any of the exercises, just reading about this stuff really stirred up stuff inside me and got me thinking about where I am and where I want to be. Beck is also a great writer, very easy to read and engaging. The only drawback was the examples she used of supposedly real life clients. Some of them seemed too simplistic and/or unrelatable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Your Own North Star.

04/14 marked as: read