Amanda's Reviews > The Nest

The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

I don't often like the big "summer" novels but I loved this addictive story of the dysfunctional Plumb siblings. The characters are not always likeable they are mostly self absorbed but I couldn't stop caring about them.

Leo, the oldest brother, makes a really bad decision to get behind the wheel intoxicated and has a terrible car accident and ends up in rehab. The cost of this is paid for out of the "nest" which is the siblings trust fund that they don't receive until the youngest one turns 40 which is rapidly approaching. The problem is they are all in a mess and are counting on that money to make everything right in their own world.

I almost didn't read this but I'm so glad that I did. It was the perfect summer fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nest.

August 11, 2016 – Started Reading
August 11, 2016 – Shelved
August 11, 2016 –
page 97
August 12, 2016 –
page 185
50.27% "Loving this!"
August 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Diane S ☔ Wasn't my kind of book, but loved reading tour thoughts, very polarizing opinions on this one.

Shelagh Rice I really enjoyed this one too Amanda. I thought the interactions between siblings where money was involved very interesting.

Amanda It's funny Diane I didn't really expect to like this as much as I did. And yes a very polarizing one. Our differences are what makes Goodreads fun :)

Dianne Yay!! I loved it too; really hoped you would when I saw you were reading this!

Amanda I was uncertain on this Dianne. Your review made me read it. So glad I did :)

Karen I loved it too! Great review!

Amanda Thanks Karen. Glad you loved it too!

Dianne Wasn't it good? Loved it, great review. Glad you liked it, too!

message 9: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Amanda, I bought this right after it was released, and somehow it keeps getting pushed back on the shelf. Your review has renewed my interest in it again. Thank you!

Amanda Took me awhile to get to it too Linda but it's worth it! Hope you enjoy it.

message 11: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri Just put a hold on it at the library. Thanks for your review!