Shannon Youngblood's Reviews > Skeletons of Us

Skeletons of Us by Anne Malcom

Aug 11, 2016

bookshelves: blog-books, all-time-favorites, dark, mind-fuck, ugly-cry
Read from August 29 to 31, 2016

***5+ Unquiet Stars***

Of Course it’s f*ckin’ hard, Freckles. Love, real love, it’s not meant to be easy. It’s not something plucked from the pages of a book. It’s a struggle. It’s pain. Because nothing worth havin’ is easy to get. It’s hard because we are so f*ckin’ deep in each other that it actually hurts your mind to contemplate the reality of that. What it means.

I’m having a really hard time with this review. I had to put the book down right in the middle (more towards the end) because the tears streaming from my eyes were blurring the pages, and I couldn’t read it. This book broke me into a thousand pieces, swept the pieces up, and then glued them back together with a few shards missing.

I was absolutely in love with book 1. I loved Kill and Freckles story and I loved the absolute passion and love that poured from every page, but Echoes can’t even begin to compare to Skeletons. I’m just….speechless…. The talent of Anne Malcom to pull me into her story and make me feel things deep inside is astounding.

I told you how much you meant to me for two years, spent everyday showing you that. Seven hundred and sixty-eight days I showed you that you were my f*ckin’ everything. You let three words convince you of something different. You believed five minutes of lies over two years of truth.

I want to re-read every word of this book, over and over and over again. It made me feel. It made me really feel . I want to say everything and nothing at all. I want people to read this series and tell me they didn’t cry. If you didn’t, you have no soul. I don’t know what else to say. I mean it’s perfection. Absolute perfect. Top 5 books of all time for me… Just beautiful and wonderful and perfection. Thank you Ms. Malcom for delivering an emotional beautiful story that I could fall in love with over and over again.

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Shannon from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeletons of Us.

08/11/2016 marked as: in-queue