Ayesha Shoulders's Reviews > Lies: Even Love Has Its Casualties

Lies by Vanessa D Werts

Aug 10, 2016

Read from August 10 to September 01, 2016

The book Lies was an enjoyable read! In Vanessa Werts’ sophomore novel, the main character, Bobbi Facqua, is a successful publicist who makes the wrong business move when she decides to get involved with her client Savon Turner. Savon is a handsome football player who expresses his love with gifts and his words, but isn’t able to back it up in his actions when it counts.
Once the trials of their relationship started to arise, the story took off and became a true page-turner that I couldn’t put down. Vanessa successfully told a story that a lot of women can relate to without holding back any of the undesirable moments. The absentee of a father or never really experiencing true love as an adolescent can cause issues later on in life. Thankfully, Bobbi had someone to help her deal with the issues she had suppressed. How can you recognize what true love is, if you’ve never really experienced it for yourself?
I’m a firm believer that God’s timing is always best. I was rooting the entire time for a gentleman named Lance to come in and sweep Bobbi off her feet. Lance never gave up on Bobbi, and in God’s timing he was rewarded for waiting in a mighty way. This book is a true depiction that we may fall short in life, but God is faithful to forgive and turn it all around! We just have to believe and have faith.
I look forward to reading more from Vanessa in the near future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies.

08/10/2016 marked as: currently-reading
08/25/2016 page 52
25.0% "Getting to the place where lines are being crossed between Bobbi and her new client..."
09/06/2016 marked as: read