Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)'s Reviews > It Ends with Us

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

bookshelves: audiobook, library

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's Constant Raving Reviews

I don't feel qualified to discuss this book in any way.

But I'll just say a few things:
- the beginning was like any other mediocre New Adult love story. Ryle actually reminded me so much like Joshua Templeman from The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.

- I listened to this through audiobook on my commute to uni. In total, I cried 3x on the train. Then I woke up in at 1am, listening for two hours, to the end of this book. I don't think I ever stopped crying.

Folks; I'm not talking about my tears for ACOWAR or any other ending to a good series.

I couldn't stop thinking how so many aspects of this book are realities.

- I wasn't prepared for all this dark stuff to happen. I was not fore-warned, and I'm actually a bit traumatised. I wanted to throw up from so many moments in this book.

- I am so glad I read this book. The entire time through, I was trying to choose whether this is a 3 or 4 star review. But then I considered how well researched and developed every single character and plot is written in this book, and I realised how moved I am.

- This book has left a profound impact to my thinking. I don't think I'll get over this book for a very long time.

I think for the next month… I'm just gonna read some ridiculously short HEA novels. I can't cope with any more sadness.

This review was written by a hysterical 17 year old who can't stop crying at 3:30am.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Ends with Us.

August 10, 2016 – Shelved
August 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
page 0
0.0% "My first ever CoHo book! 😁 finger's crossed I like it?"
August 6, 2017 –
18.0% "This is so cliche?

I've always thought CoHo was some poetic god who writes really cute New Adult.

But this is so… regular??? I'm enjoying it, but it's not… beautiful. It's like a mediocre fanfiction!"
August 6, 2017 –
21.0% "Stereotypical gay friend- check!"
August 6, 2017 –
30.0% "Shined? I thought it was shone."
August 6, 2017 –
45.0% "Is this book sponsored by Uber?? Haha"
August 6, 2017 –
46.0% "RYLE REMINDS ME SO MUCH LIKE JOSHUA TEMPLEMAN WOW"
August 7, 2017 – Started Reading
August 7, 2017 –
57.0% "Okay I take it back this is so emotional and poetic"
August 7, 2017 –
59.0% "Oh my god that hilariously awkward! Such a Bridget Jones moment!"
August 7, 2017 –
77.0% "I just cried THREE TIMES on the train listening to everything just went down.

I am horrified how dark this turned. I was not prepared for rape/very graphic abuse."
August 7, 2017 –
97.0% ""It stops with you and me. It ends with us."

I'm gonna throw up I'm crying so hard"
August 8, 2017 – Finished Reading