Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)'s Reviews > The Making of Gabriel Davenport

The Making of Gabriel Davenport by Beverley Lee

bookshelves: series

It's been a long time since I've read a book where there is such a foreboding and underlying sinister feel. We start with Gabriel as a baby and a mother trying to keep her wits about her while protecting him. Flash forward to Gabriel as a teen, living in a home for special kids with an extended family who also protects him from a harm he still is struggling to figure out. Find a priest coping with his faith, evil entities seamlessly threaded in with shivering dialogue, vivid descriptions and a short-chapter-fast-pace that keeps you turning the pages. (I got to the end, read the about the author and the acknowledgements page and tried to find more pages to turn... ) I absolutely am thrilled in the direction this is going with all the characters: Clove, Moth (oh Bev... I LOVE this!), Teal, Gabe, Noah, etc. etc. If you like demons, vampires, ghosts or anything paranormal and brooding, then you must read this book! Very much looking forward to the next installment as that ending was WOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Making of Gabriel Davenport.

August 10, 2016 – Shelved
August 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 30, 2016 – Started Reading
September 30, 2016 –
page 62
23.13% "Woah! Full throttle. This book moves fast and I can't put it down!"
October 3, 2016 –
page 182
October 3, 2016 –
99.0% "Holy roller coaster ride. Review coming!"
October 3, 2016 – Finished Reading