Gary's Reviews > Titanborn

Titanborn by Rhett C. Bruno

liked it

This short, noir-ish sci-fi thriller finds a middle ground between being almost mediocre and almost great. On one hand, the author's investment in the characters and wordbuilding definitely shows; it is easier for a reader to care about the goings-on when the author clearly does as well. The drawback is that none of it is terribly original or surprising. That doesn't necessarily mean "bad" in this case, it just means "shrug." The story's final twist is rendered well, but still manages to feel a little forced.
This author's got skills, for sure; there is a solid feel for action, setting, environment, etc. Titanborn is good, light entertainment. Your enjoyment will depend on your tolerance level for the action movie clichés that keep things humming along.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Titanborn.

August 10, 2016 – Started Reading
August 10, 2016 – Shelved
August 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Rhett Bruno I appreciate the review, Gary!

Gary Rhett wrote: "I appreciate the review, Gary!"Thanks, Rhett. I hope you are planning a follow-up to Titanborn; I will certainly keep an eye out for it.

Rhett Bruno A second book was actually just greenlit this week! March 2017 release. It's not totally public yet, but if you message me I can tell you more.

Andy Parkes Titanborn follow up?! (sorry for crashing your conversation!)

Rhett Bruno Haha yes. It is coming. FROM ICE TO ASHES, March 2017!

Andy Parkes argh! too long to wait ;-)

Rhett Bruno There will be ARCs!