Sharon's Reviews > Down the Dirt Roads

Down the Dirt Roads by Rachael Treasure

bookshelves: aussie-authors, non-fiction, 5000-2019, borrowed-from-library

Growing up on her parents' farm, Rachael Treasure knew from a young age this was going to be her life. She loved everything about farming life and when she married and had children of her own the desire to stick around on the land was still with her, but it all changed when her marriage broke down. She lost everything and suddenly she was faced with nowhere to live and she had two children and her dogs to support, Racheal felt her world was falling apart.

Rachael’s life as she once knew it had been ripped from under her and it seemed her love of farming were gone for good. With little money coming in Rachael could hardly afford to pay rent so there was no way she could afford to invest in a farm. Farming was all she had ever known it was in her blood, so she knew she wouldn’t give up her dream without a fight.

This is a wonderful heartfelt memoir of Aussie author Rachael Treasure’s life. In this memoir we get a glimpse of the struggles that Rachael endured during her marriage breakdown and being a single mother. This is one determined, strong willed and inspiring lady who never gave up even if the odds were against her. Yes, you guessed it, I really enjoyed this book and now I want to read all her other books. A fabulous book written by a fabulous Aussie author. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down the Dirt Roads.

August 10, 2016 – Shelved
August 10, 2016 – Shelved as: aussie-authors
August 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 21, 2019 – Started Reading
January 21, 2019 – Shelved as: non-fiction
January 23, 2019 – Shelved as: 5000-2019
January 23, 2019 – Shelved as: borrowed-from-library
January 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen So glad that you enjoyed this book.

Sharon Thank you, Kathleen!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Metcalf That's an inspiring tale and a great review thanks Sharon. I haven't read any of her books though I've a couple of her books on my physical shelf. Maybe I need to try this one first.

Sharon Thanks Sharon. I haven’t read many of her books, but I’m glad I read this one. I’m sure you’d enjoy it!

message 5: by Libby (new) - added it

Libby Wonderful review Sharon. Lots of farmers in my background, still strong attachments to the land. Love the book cover too

Sharon Thank you so much, Libby. You’d enjoy this one!