Christina's Reviews > Paint My Body Red

Paint My Body Red by Heidi R. Kling

bookshelves: books-read-in-2016, netgalley

Paige is a senior who gets sent to live on her father's ranch following a string of suicides at her high school. Her mother fears she is next, so she is sent to spend time with her ill father, but what she doesn't expect is to find herself in a completely different world, with a cute cowboy learning more about herself than she ever expected.

The storytelling was my favourite aspect of this book - I felt as though I was in the story and when an author can create that kind of imagery, it stays with you long after you close the book. The characters were all a part of me as I read the story and Paige was relateable in the best possible way. The story is told in two sections, with one part being the current day happenings of Paige's new life on the ranch and the second part is her diary entries explaining what happened to those around her in her high school just before she moved. This worked really well for this story as it kept me interested throughout, wanting to know what was going to happen now as well as what had previously happened. I would highly recommend reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paint My Body Red.

August 9, 2016 – Started Reading