Mariah Roze's Reviews > Asking For It

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill

liked it
bookshelves: diversity-in-all-forms-book-club, hometown-book-clubs

I read this book for the goodreads' book club Diversity in All Forms. (If you want to participate in the discussion the link is below).

I also read this book for my Young Women's Hometown Book Club (it worked out nicely).

I enjoyed the read but at times it dragged on. I felt like I was enjoying it more than normal because the discussions that were taking place with the book were very good and captivating, but the book itself had a lot of dull moments.
I really struggled with the beginning of the book and trying to figure out what is going on. It was very confusing and there were so many characters.
The ending was also a big let down.

All, in all, this book lead to some great discussions, but it was definitely not one of my favorite books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asking For It.

August 9, 2016 – Shelved
August 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 17, 2016 – Started Reading
August 31, 2016 –
page 57
16.47% "I am reading this book for the goodreads book club Diversity in All Forms. This was our september voted on pick under the topic/theme of Gender Stereotypes. If you are currently reading the book, want to read the book or have read the book we would love for you to join in the discussion! The link is below:\nhttps://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."
September 12, 2016 – Finished Reading
September 18, 2016 – Shelved as: diversity-in-all-forms-book-club
October 2, 2016 – Shelved as: hometown-book-clubs

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Mariah! :)

Mariah Roze Candace wrote: "Great review, Mariah! :)"

V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards Fantastic review Mariah! I want to read it even if I think it'll make me unconfortable.

Mariah Roze Veronica hates cheating/disloyal heros in "Romance" books wrote: "Fantastic review Mariah! I want to read it even if I think it'll make me unconfortable."

I highly suggest it! It led to some amazing conversations :)