Nay Denise's Reviews > After You

After You by Jojo Moyes

bookshelves: audiobook, bob-23, library-reads

This was an absolutely beautiful listen. I loved Louisa from Me Before You, so finding out what happened afterwards was very heartwarming. This is a contemporary romance that will grip your heart from beginning to end. The narrator was phenomenal. Started off slow, but as the story picked up I enjoyed it more.

Louisa is picking up her life after the events of the first book. She's found herself at a standstill in life, feeling as if she couldn't move on. Things look gloom for her until she meets two people to change her life. Louisa definitely needed to get her life together because she definitely was sulking, but her character development was beautiful. She is still the strong, strange girl I loved from the first book, just with a broken heart. She is a strong woman and I definitely enjoy her.

Sam is an awesome male character and romance interest. Everything about him was definitely different from the handsome and obnoxious Will Traynor. Sam was kind, hard working and very loving. I loved that he didn't run from his emotions or find excuses to cope. He dealt with his pain and never let it run his life. He was such a great asset!

The romance was beautiful. I enjoyed seeing Sam break through the many layers of Louisa. She had a lot to let go of and move forward in. Sam was a man that didn't hold his tongue so he always let Louisa know how he felt which I loved because not many male characters do. Sam was a great help in pulling Louisa out of her rut. Granted the way they met was truly funny, but watching their relationship blossom excited me -- except for the ending! I hope things workout for them.

Lily was absolutely a shock! Something I never saw coming, but totally enjoyed! Many saw her as a troubled girl, but she was truthfully a broken, misunderstood girl. She lost a father she didn't know, her mother cared nothing for her and she was betrayed by friends. I loved seeing her grow and mature into a brilliant young woman. I loved that she helped Louisa snap out of her little world as well.

The Traynor's were jackasses at first, but I love them! I'm so happy they embraced Lily. Louisa's family is still strange and crazy as ever to me.

This was such a good follow up that I may have to definitely listen to Still Me to find out what happens next for Louisa in her new adventure and romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After You.

August 9, 2016 – Shelved
August 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 17, 2018 – Started Reading
August 17, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
August 17, 2018 –
12.0% "Louisa is still the same. Her ex is dumb! Her parents need to tell their secret. They are heading something and poor grandpa!!! They turned him into an Avatar 😂😂 I miss Will 😢😭"
August 19, 2018 –
15.0% "Will had a what?!?!?! Lily is a bit reckless, but I love her 😂😂"
August 20, 2018 –
30.0% "Ahhhhh the Traynors are upsetting me!!! Love on Lily!!! Don't push her away. Louisa is doing a darn good job. The tears are unbearable!"
August 20, 2018 –
36.0% "Louisa and Sam <3"
August 22, 2018 –
43.0% "Okay Louisa and Sam! I see you too. But when she said she never thought the words organ damage could sound so sexy ... lol ... this is too funny!!"
August 22, 2018 –
55.0% ""Sometimes moving on means we have to protect ourselves." Wow...that was beautiful."
August 24, 2018 –
63.0% "Poor Lily...This is terrible. I can't stand her damn mother. On another note -- yay to Sam and Louisa <3"
August 24, 2018 –
69.0% "So happy that they found Lily!!! I truly dislike her mother. I hope she goes to stay with her grandparents!"
August 24, 2018 –
72.0% "LOL!!! Sam and Donna are wicked!! Yesss Louisa gets so many kudos for this plan to help Lily. I love it!"
August 25, 2018 –
81.0% "Yay Mrs. Traynor!!!!"
August 25, 2018 – Shelved as: bob-23