Amanda Richardson's Reviews > Highland Deception

Highland Deception by Lori Ann Bailey

I enjoyed Lori Ann Bailey's "Highland Deception", it was a well written, passionate historical romance. Maggie wants to escape a betrothal to a cruel man and decides the only way to accomplish that is to run away. Lachlan previously had his heart broken by a beautiful woman, they were engaged and he found out she was plotting his death behind his back.
Maggie dresses as a boy and leaves her father's keep. When she stumble upon a battle and sees a man hurt, she doesn't hesitate, she grabs her healing bag and begins to heal his almost life threatening wound. Lachlan doesn't trust this lovely woman dressed as a boy. He knows he wants her, but he doesn't trust her at all.
Maggie doesn't trust men either, she just wants away from her brutal fiancé and then she will close herself in a convent and take vows. Lachlan takes her with him on their journey. He is determined to find out who she is and find out of it he can trust her.
Maggie and Lachlan slowly fall for each other. Of course there is an instant attraction, but they take their time with each other. This is a sweet story between Maggie and Lachlan. There were a couple of times I wished they would talk to each other and there were only a few silly misunderstandings. Maggie had a knack for putting herself into danger and Lachlan had a knack for rescuing her. Good read, I recommend it!

I received a complimentary copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Deception.

Started Reading