Arun Divakar's Reviews > Doctor Strange: Season One

Doctor Strange by Greg Pak

it was ok

A lot of the rage in the 80’s and 90’s were around the so called ‘bromance’ movies. The plot line would be a much rehashed one : two unlikely men find themselves at odds, they sometimes fall in love with the same women (or two women who get along well in spite of the men), the sudden appearance of an antagonist who threatens both men, they team up, wham ! bam ! boom ! villain dead and happily ever after. Think of movies like : The Presidio, The Rock, Tequila Sunrise, Lethal Weapon and you get the picture. Why did I say all this ? Because for all the magical hullabaloo, the smoke and mirrors this is exactly the storyline for the origin story of Dr. Strange. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement !

Marvel studios have made swell movies out of some of their outlandish characters like the guardians of the galaxy and even Deadpool and by the look of things they will repeat the same for Dr. Strange. Whatever they have in store for the movie, I certainly hope it isn’t what I read here.

The art is the only redeeming factor especially when the supernatural powers come into play. A pedestrian story which is partly salvaged by great art.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Strange.

August 2, 2016 – Started Reading