Figlet's Reviews > Between Here and Forever

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

May 30, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I eagerly await every new Elizabeth Scott book because I really dig the individual worlds, families, communities that she creates. To me she has a unique gift for immediately immersing you within a place that you don't know but instantly recognize.

To sum it up, she is an extraordinarily gifted storyteller.

I won't summarize because others have done so much better than I ever could, but having grown up with four older, seemingly perfect, and beautiful stepsisters gave me instantly recognition of Abby. I was actually a bit sad reading this as I could see how destructive her own thoughts and lack of esteem were. Not to make this all about me, but I think I must have wasted so much energy and lost out on my own Eli's while I spent my teenager years putting myself down.

It's too bad that we didn't have such astounding YA novels when I was 15 years old, but, on the other hand, I am incredibly grateful to have all of them (but mostly Elizabeth Scott) to read now. I guess it's never too late to allow reading to change you in even a slight way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Here and Forever.

Quotes Figlet Liked

Elizabeth Scott
“And now I see what has been there all along, what I've noticed but never truly understood until now.
Eli is as uncertain as I am, as we all are. Life has surprised him like it has me. Has hurt him like it has me.”
Elizabeth Scott, Between Here and Forever