Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > Rejar

Rejar by Dara Joy

2.5 Stars

After really enjoying Knight of a Trillion Stars I decided to go straight on to this book about Lorgin's younger brother Rejar. It started pretty much where the other book left off and after stepping into the vortex-thing Rejar lands in a carriage in cat form in regency England. He also finds himself in the carriage with Lilac who he is straight away intrigued by, and so he starts hunting his sensual prey as only a Familiar can!

I wanted to like this book sooooooo much, and I did kind of, but the one thing I cannot stand in a book is an annoying heroine. And Lilac really irritated me. I don't know why, I understood why she was so resistant to Rejar and to be fair there was less whining as much as alot of her being angry. But it got on my nerves ALOT.

Also I don't really feel the chemistry between them, and when they finally declared their love I wasn't convinced. I think the problem was that there wasn't enough about them as a couple, there was plenty about them having amazing sex, but apart from that I didn'treally see a connection.

But this book did have some fun bits and although I had many eye rolling moments I did enjoy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rejar.

May 30, 2011 – Started Reading
May 30, 2011 – Shelved
May 30, 2011 – Shelved as: sci-fi
May 30, 2011 – Shelved as: romance
May 30, 2011 –
18.0% "I just couldn't resist starting this book!"
May 31, 2011 –